NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: Rick G. on 2010-04-19 04:42 am

Title: A better Audit Enharmonic Spelling? - rg_ReSpell.vbs
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-04-19 04:42 am
A little User Tool that may give you better results than the Audit Enharmonic Spelling Command (http://ntworthy.com/nwc2/help/MNU_AUDITSPELLING.htm).
It ignores any selection, transposes the entire staff -2 semitones, audits the enharmonic spelling, and then transposes the staff +2 semitones.
For reasons I don't fully understand, this often results in a better spelling. YMMV

If you don't like the results, click on Undo 3 times.

Download the attachment to your Scripts folder and remove ".txt" From the end of the file name.
Command is: WScript Scripts\rg_ReSpell.vbs

As usual, comments are welcome. If reporting a bug, please include your Windows version and any error message.
Title: Re: A better Audit Enharmonic Spelling? - rg_ReSpell.vbs
Post by: Flurmy on 2010-04-19 07:01 am
So at last you found a way to emulate the venerable "recorder.exe".
There were times in which I longed for it.
Of course I can use an editor that's worth its name and work on nwctext, but that's a little less immediate.

N.B. Thank you, as usual.
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-04-19 02:19 pm
A few improvements over recorder.exe:
however:

Thanks for testing. Are you still using Win2000?
Post by: Flurmy on 2010-04-19 04:51 pm
Thanks for testing.

Thank you for solving my problems!

Are you still using Win2000?

Now only when I use my daughter's PC.

My new computer runs on XP because I was unable to install win2000 on it. Troubles with the ACPI drivers.
Not that installing XP was a piece of cake. The drivers must be on a floppy, but my PC has no floppy...

Anyway, the more "advanced" a Microsoft OS, the more I hate it for it does more and more things surreptitiously or quite differently from what I expect.

And then there are so many stupid things to throw away!
Examples? Lots of stupid menu animations; the "find" tool that searches only where HE decides to look, not where I told him to look; the autoruns for all the crap present in whatever media you put in; the archives seen as directories; the confirmation dialog each time I delete a file (there's the trash can... ehm, the recycle bin if I change my mind!), etc. etc. etc.
Not to say that it tries to protect me from... myself!

I'm drifting toward linux more and more; possibly it will become my primary OS.
Post by: Flurmy on 2010-04-27 12:01 pm
Now only when I use my daughter's PC.

...or when my new PC goes out of order (RAM failure)... :-(