NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Richard Woodroffe on 2020-12-22 12:36 pm

Title: Very Sad news.
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2020-12-22 12:36 pm
Fellow NoteWorthy Users,

I have just had some very sad news.

Rick Geibel (known as @Rick G.  here)   passed away on November 4th after a year of Cancer treatments.

His wife, Debbie said :
"He was always optimistic and fought hard, yet we had good times, cooking, dining, talking, and playing music together. He left me too soon. "

He will be sadly missed by the NoteWorthy community and as I wrote to Debbie, he was always the "Go To" person for any NoteWorthy user.  He was always able to find a way to solve any NoteWorthy issue.

Extremely sad news.

Title: Re: Very Sad news.
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2020-12-22 01:39 pm
I too will miss his always accurate and helpful responses to peoples' questions and problems. I learned a lot about NWC from his messages and examples.
Rest in peace, Rick.
Post by: Francis Beaumier on 2020-12-22 01:39 pm
Very sorry to hear this. At 5532 posts, he was a true asset to this community. I will miss his brilliant workarounds, even if some of his code did make me scratch my head.
Post by: Michael W. Powell on 2020-12-22 02:53 pm
Truly sad new to hear indeed.  Rick was "THE" definitive Virtuoso user and go to person.  As a user since v 1.31 on floppy disc I have benefitted from Rick's many workarounds and creative ways to make NWC the only tool I used for composing, transcribing, and for creating parts for printing.  Such a great loss for this community.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and to anyone touched by Rick's wisdom and skills.  His knowledge and wit will be sorely missed here.
Post by: William Ashworth on 2020-12-22 03:59 pm
This is an incalculable loss to the Noteworthy community. Rick's workarounds are now part of every NWC user's toolbox, they always came quickly after a problem was posted, and his descriptions of them were always clear and straight to the point. Debbie's is the greater loss, though. I will be, as we Quakers say, holding her in the Light over the next few weeks.
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2020-12-22 08:35 pm
Oh boy...  It is never a happy time when one finds a friend has passed, and though we only ever corresponded over NWC issues I have always considered Rick a friend.

We will miss you buddy.

Rich, is it possible to pass on the forum's condolences to Rick's family please?
Post by: Flurmy on 2020-12-22 08:41 pm
Farewell, Rick the wizard.
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2020-12-22 08:44 pm
Rich, is it possible to pass on the forum's condolences to Rick's family please?

I will do in due time.
Post by: Opagust on 2020-12-22 08:58 pm
A big loss indeed, but Rick will always be in our scores!
Post by: Warren Porter on 2020-12-23 01:24 pm
His help was immeasurable, teaching me how to use JavaScript in NWC functions. His encouragement, knowledge of NWC, and useful shortcuts will be missed by all.

Pacem.
Post by: hmmueller on 2020-12-24 07:40 am
That's very sad to hear. We will always have his postings here, and learn from them also for future scores - may he rest in peace.
Post by: Lloyd on 2020-12-24 08:51 am
Really sad news... I will miss him and his wiseness. Farewell my friend.
Post by: David Palmquist on 2020-12-25 07:59 pm
My condolences to Debbie.  This is very sad news. 
Post by: SEBC on 2021-01-03 06:14 pm
So sorry to hear about Rick's passing. He was one of the great NWC advisors on this forum. It's such a terrible time in the world to be sick, which makes it even more difficult for families.
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2021-07-12 01:28 pm
Folks,

I have had an email from Rick's wife Debbie.

She writes :

"It makes me happy that your group remembers him fondly.

I feel well, but lonely. Life goes on. Thankfully, the Covid restrictions are lifting, somewhat, and I am able to play my flute with a community band again. We have a concert next Sunday.

Please send my regards to your group, and thank them for me."

So,  Thanks passed on !

Rich.

Post by: John Ford on 2021-07-23 01:36 pm
I haven't been here in awhile (life's priorities and all) and find this at the top of the postings.  So sad to hear of Rick's passing.  His knowledge and understanding of NWC helped me greatly over the years.  Rest in peace!
Post by: Andrew Purdam on 2021-07-24 12:13 pm
Really sad to hear of Rick's death. He was such a strong presence in the NWC community,  esp amongst the "power users" (there's got to be a better term). RIP Rick and sincere condolences to Debbie and family.