Skip to main content
Topic: Is it possible to enable playing of a single stuff in the Viewer? (Read 3102 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to enable playing of a single stuff in the Viewer?

I am part of a choir and the viewer would be enough for choral rehearsal. The only feature missing is the single stuff playing. Is it possible to enable it?

Re: Is it possible to enable playing of a single stuff in the Viewer?

Reply #1
Not using the Viewer. You need the composer to do that (Shift + F5).

If you are making rehearsal aids for other members of your choir, you could arrange 4 different pieces of the same score such that each part has their voice at full strength whilsh all the other parts and accompaniment have the volume set at say half that volume.
To do that, change the channel volume setting in staff properties, midi tab.

To review the volumes set on all channels, look at the score review (Tools, Score Review  or key R). You can go to the staff properties from the Score Review as well.

Rich.

Re: Is it possible to enable playing of a single stuff in the Viewer?

Reply #2
Hello, I'm also a choir member and have a composer version. All de other choir members have a viewer. If a song is ready, I make four (sometimes five) versions of that - one for each voice-group - with additional de voice-groep abbreviation in the name. F.e. song-alt.nwc / song-bas.nwc / song-ten.nwc / song-sop.nwc.
Before now I used to put a 'pianissimo' in front of al the other staff's than de one for de voice-group. But thanks to Richard I know that I can lower the volume in the staffproperties.
Thanx.

Christiaan Boer (NL)