Skip to main content
Topic: incorrect legato (Read 3493 times) previous topic - next topic

incorrect legato

Why are all the notes that are eighth and shorter automatically played as legato?

Re: incorrect legato

Reply #1
To be more specific, I meant that !b(all the notes that are eighth and shorter are automatically played as legato without a slur)?

Reply #2
Paste this into a blank staff in a new file and see if it is legato.

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:3
|Bar
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:2^
|Bar
|Rest|Dur:Half,Dotted
|Rest|Dur:8th
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
On my machine the default instrument seems to be Piano, and when I play this, each note has a clear attack.  Each note is still decaying when the next one starts, but that's the same on a real piano.

I suggest you post a short clip to demonstrate your problem, and also tell us what your staff settings are, i.e., instrument, midi channel, and performance style, if you've set it.  Then the rest of us can try to emulate your problem.

Reply #3
I should have posted this in the NWC1 forum, because I don't have NWC2.

Reply #4
I thought maybe you'd upgraded.  Never mind, why don't you send your file to the list using http://yousendit.com then up to 25 of us can download it within the following week and see if we can identify the problem.

To use yousendit, just email the file to yourself, then copy the link into a new reply to this thread.  I'm probably not going to be on the forum for a couple of days (little free time on Mondays and Tuesdays), but someone else may be able to look the file over and help.

Reply #6
Well, the problem is that the non-legato does exist, but the gap between the notes is too short to be heard at a normal tempo. You have to change the tempo to like Q=20 to hear a little bit of the non-legatos of the eighth notes, and even slower for the sixteenth notes.