Skip to main content
Topic: How do I make a note stem up & down ? (Read 3389 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I make a note stem up & down ?

Is is possible in NWC to make a note stem up & down ?
(I am using evaluation version of NWC 1.31d)

Note :
If Melody & Alto (OR Tenor & Bass) have the same note, it is represented by making that note stem up & down (as given below).
----|--
----|--
---O---
--|----
--|----
It does not matter to NWC when playing back.
But the choristers get confused when printout is given.
- Sam

Re: How do I make a note stem up & down ?

Reply #1
Hi Sam,

To enter two notes in a chord (even if they are the same note) with one stem up and one stem down, first select a stem direction (from the toolbar, Notes menu, or use shift+up arrow and shift+down arrow), and enter a note onto the staff.

Now choose the opposite stem direction and enter the second note using the chord command (CTRL-ENTER if entering notes from the keyboard). You should now have one note stem going up and one going down in the same position on the staff.

I hope this answers your question.

Sue

Reply #2
You have NWC 1.31d? It's been a long time, but I'm not sure that what you want to do can be done in that version.
Download 1.55a.
If I'm wrong, sorry! :-)

Reply #4
Hi Sue Morton, Gordon Isbell & NWC-Support,

(1)
Thank you all for your prompt and useful reply.

I have downloaded NWC Ver 1.55a, and tried to make a note stem up & down (thanks Sue...).

It works !!!

I have few other questions, but let me try those with the ver 1.55 before I post it to the forum.

(2)
By the way... has anyone purchased NWC from INDIA. I wish to know how to pay the registration fee (to NWC) from INDIA.

Thanks
- Sam

Reply #5
About (2) : I have purchased NWC from France. I think it is the same thing for India or any other country: I have sent the registration form along with my credit card number. If you don't want to send it by email or by fax (I understand that), I think it should be possible to send it by snail mail.