Skip to main content
Topic: Useful fonts (Read 4168 times) previous topic - next topic

Useful fonts

Hi all,
I've found a place where you can find many fonts of interests. In particular there are two fonts to download that you can use :
"music for a while" that displays instrument shapes and is freeware ;
"frets" that display guitar chords (not "Cm7" but the _real_ chord, with strings and all). The latter seems to be very expected from many of us :-)

"music for a while" can also be used to replace "staff bold" in one case : when you want to display the instrument symbol rather than its name in front of the staff. But in order not to make strange things appear, you mustn't have other items using this "staff bold" font (such as measure number, tempo, ...). So its usage is rather restricted :( but you always can add it in another editing software (Works, µ$Word, ...)

So Where to find these fonts ? at http://web23.interspeed.net/dingbats/arts/arts.htm Re-active "auto load images" for that page, it's worth the try. And re-deactivate later to suft WWW at warp speed ;)

Well, hope this helps (at least guitar transcribers!). I use frets with user font 4. Do not forget to join it to your scores though...

Hasta luego

Re: Useful fonts

Reply #1
Um, no DNS entry comes up when I click on your link mate.
Would you mind relocating the site or ammending the addy?
Thanx

Reply #2
It seems the site disappeared. I'll try to find it out again (I found it by seraching for specific, free/shareware fonts with Lycos)

Reply #4
Thanks a bunch Ed!