Skip to main content
Topic: Tempo change (Read 2518 times) previous topic - next topic

Tempo change

My I know if I already insert the tempo, let say 90 bpm.  How to change it?

Re: Tempo change

Reply #1
1. Assuming you have entered crotchet (1/4 note) = 90 and would rather have had crotchet = 138 say:  select the "handle" for the tempo marking - the little grey dot - and press CNTRL/E or double click.  (These little handle chaps can be tricky to spot - try increasing the zoom level).  This will open the tempo marking dialogue box and you can change the bpm as you desire.

2.  Assuming you hve entered crotchet = 90 and want the music to go faster later in the piece: just enter another tempo marking where you want the speed change.  If you want a gradual speed change insert an accelerando or rallentando (insert tempo variance) where you want the change to start and the target tempo marking where you want it to finish.

HTH

Stephen

Reply #2
Or if you want to change the whole piece, just delete the tempo marking you have and pick a new one - shortcut key is e.

Reply #3
I can't get multiple tempos to work...
I've got a song where I need to change from a quarter note = 68 to a dotted half = 68, and the program keeps putting the dotted half's tempo through the whole song.  How can I get the program to separate the two sections into two tempos?

Reply #4
Tempo items affects all after where it is placed. Check your tempo values!
Hint: use always the same staff to enter tempo items. It's easier to check later.
To find every tempo item, search for it with the search string:
|Tempo
on each staff. (F3 to go to next, when the Find window is closed, or to open it the first time)
HTH!