Skip to main content
Topic: Sound for each note input (Read 3184 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound for each note input

I really hate this feature. It wouldn't be bad if you could at least turn the option off - can you? I looked in all the menus & couldn't find such a thing but maybe i missed? - Anyways, I tried muting the staff I was working with & the sound still persisted with each note entered. Of course, I could turn my volume off - but that's a workaround to a simple, yet annoying, problem.

If it's possible, since you're still in Beta mode, in the very least it'd be nice to turn this feature off per staff with the mute staff option. However, even that is not ideal - if a user doesn't want the sound for note entry on one staff, they likely don't want it for any staff note entry. So it would be best served to be in an options or preferences area - where it would apply to all NWC use.

Then those who like the feature can have it & those you don't, don't have to! Voila!

Re: Sound for each note input

Reply #1
|Tools|Options|Midi (tab) "Play notes on entry" checkbox.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Yippee yi yay!! Thanks! I must have missed it but I"m glad it's there - and it works great!

Thanks!

PS: If you're a Virtuoso, are you an NWC2 developer? Just curious if we're a bunch of users talking amongst ourselves or if this gets back to NWC directly. Perhaps this was told to me somewhere....

Reply #3
Me a developer?  Nah, couldn't program my way out of a wet paper bag...  Just been around for a while tryin' ta help - been using NWC2 ever since the beta went public, haven't been around long enough to have been on the private beta.

Aside from "Support" or "Noteworthy Online" we're all users.  NWC DOES monitor the forum, you will see Eric's input under the guise of "Noteworthy Online".
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Hmm.... Maybe you should become a professional tester/educator then! You seem to really know your way around! (I noticed alot of your other posts.)

Anyways, thanks for helping me out. i really appreciate it - especially so quickly!!

ba

Reply #5
Hi BA,
Yes, the forum would not be itself without Lawrie! There are more virtuosos, and they all deserve this title by being knowledgeable and helpful.Hang around, you might learn a thing or two!
And yes, welcome to the forum.
Rob.