Skip to main content
Topic: Sound Banks (Read 1427 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound Banks

I'm not sure this is related to the NWC product so if not please forgive me.  I'm trying to download new sound banks.  But when I do so all I see on my screen are pages of jibberish which I assume are code.  But I don't know what to do with it.  Can someone enlighten me?

Re: Sound Banks

Reply #1
Try to right-click on the Links and then select "Save target as ...". Then you should be able to save the files on your local disk drive.

This problem is typical if the site owner does not understand or care for correct setup of file types - usually, the site should send a media type which informs the browser that it should not be shown, but saved. It could also be that your browser is not correctly configured - but the default configuration is usually fine, so it's probably a site problem.

In my very humble opinion and experience, sites that cannot even give you a usable download link are mostly not worth the effort ... you will end up with very old or even broken soundfonts ...

And depending on the type of the sound font file (sf2, sf2ark, zip, ...), you might have to unpack the fonts afterwards ...

H.M.

Re: Sound Banks

Reply #2
Thank you Sir.