Skip to main content
Topic: Can't get to IE in NW2 (Read 3485 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't get to IE in NW2

When I installed NW2, I was using Firefox. Owing to repeated crashes, I've uninstalled Firefox and returned to IE.

Now, when selecting Help > Check for Web Updates, up pops a Program Not Found dialog saying that Windows cannot find Firefox.exe.

Where can I change the Internect connection option for NW2?

This is the only application that behaves this way... all others with Web links or update options automatically use IE.

Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Dave G.

Re: Can't get to IE in NW2

Reply #1
>Where can I change the Internect connection option for NW2?

NWC2 simply passes the URL to Windows.

>This is the only application that behaves this way

Not likely. You can reset your browser preferences within IE. From the IE menu, open Tools, Internet Options, then go to the Programs tab. You can reset from there.

Reply #2
also, the box below 'Reset Web Settings'
which states 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser', needs to be ticked. If it is not, then tick it, close IE and re-open.

Interesting to hear of the Firefox problems, it works very well for me, but just occasionally has some difficulty in displaying a web page correctly. Usually this page uses code which only IE can interpret.

Reply #3
Got it - thanks. Should have figured some switch in IE would be reachable.

And, yes, of all the programs that I have that go on the 'Net for updates, including Windows, only Noteworthy was still looking for Firefox. However, I think NW2 was the only new application I installed during my short Firefox days, and who knows what lurks in my Registry? Certainly not me.

Anyway, it's academic, because the NW2 'Net update is now working fine, thanks to you guys.

Dave