Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 1.52a and Screen Savers (Read 3290 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 1.52a and Screen Savers

Hi NWC'ers,

This morning NWC 1.52a stopped playback completely when my screensaver took over...

I don't remember this happening in previous releases, come to think of it, I don't think the screensaver ever took over during playback before...

Anyone else having this problem? I'd rather not increase the delay/disable the screensaver just for NWC. Suggestions welcome!

Sue

Re: NWC 1.52a and Screen Savers

Reply #1
Hi Sue. I haven't run into this with NWC, but have with other midi players/sequencers (Yamaha Player, MS Media player). I "solved" the problem by increasing the screen-save delay time to about 15 minutes.

Reply #2
I think that what is happening is that you have NWC set to play only when it is the "Front Application" (ie your Options | Midi tab has Port Usage set to "While Active").
If you set it to always (or while playing), that'll fix it, though it may disturb other midi players if you have them around whilst NWC is up.

Or you can do as Fred did, and increase your screensaver time.

A

Reply #3
Thanx Andrew! Yes, I did change my MIDI options because temporarily I had two midi programs that I was playing alternately. I will change my options back to "while active" immediately. One of these days I will no longer be brain-dead and will remember this stuff... :>