Skip to main content
Topic: Incorporate sample support for Noteworthy! (Read 3993 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorporate sample support for Noteworthy!

I just love Noteworthy!  I have tried Finale, Cakewalk, ACID music, Fruity Loops and Digital Performer and prefer Noteworthy over all of them!  Why?  Because of the strict and simple score view.  I can edit every single MIDI action with ease.

But I have one complaint.  I would love to accompany samples (instrument, voice, effects...) with my NWC projects except Noteworthy doesn't offer this.  I would, supposedly, have to record the MIDI song, inport it to ACID then add sound bytes.  Once that would be done, I would mute the tracks I recorded and re-record it and re-mix it...  ugh!  I just don't deal with samples if I write through Noteworthy.

If the Noteworthy programers would be so kind as to consider this...  but since it would be an advanced aspect it would be near to impossible to incorporate it correctly...  Thanks Noteworthy!

-segamon
tonalbliss.com

Re: Incorporate sample support for Noteworthy!

Reply #1
Well, I don't work for Noteworthy, but I can tell you now, what you want ain't gonna happen. NWC does certain things. That's the kind of program it is. Those others do certain things. That's the kind of program they are.

If you want to mix the sound from your NWC composition to some outside audio track, you can always record the NWC MIDI to WAV (see instructions among the user tips), and use a program such as Audacity to mix the tracks and apply FX.

Reply #2
It sounds like you want NoteWorthy to be an integrated audio/MIDI sequencer, which would require it to use quite a lot more system resources and to be a much more complicated program in itself.  NoteWorthy can be used as a sort of MIDI-only sequencer, but it is primarily intended as a music notation program that can also do a fair amount of MIDI editing, such as Finale, Sibelius, but much simpler to use.  It doesen't have their bells and whistles, but most of us don't need them unless scoring for film scores or the like.  You had the right idea, record NoteWorthy MIDI tracks as audio and then import them into your audio sequencer.  You could record each staff separately as audio by pressing Shift+F5 to play only the selected staff in NoteWorthy so that you can still edit each part in your audio sequencer by importing them as one track at a time.

Reply #3
This was what I was afraid of.  I would have never expected NoteWorthy to ever be an integrated sound/midi program but I can dream...

I'll continue using NoteWorthy just as I have.  I just love it!  Thanks for the replies.

-segamon
tonalbliss.com

Reply #4
Segamon,

One other method you might like to try is - if you have a midi card that supports soundfonts - to put the samples into a soundfont and then load that soundfont. NWC has bank and instrument selection, so then you could compose with whatever samples you want to put into your soundfont.

A