Skip to main content
Topic: Mozilla 1.2.1 Noteworthy plugin under XP (Read 3432 times) previous topic - next topic

Mozilla 1.2.1 Noteworthy plugin under XP

Tried loading the plugin under with Mozilla. Works fine with Internet Explorer but just get gibberish in Mozilla. The "about plugins" screen shows it is installed and active but doesn't work. I'm using Windows XP pro as the OS. Anyone have experience with this problem? Thanks

Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 Noteworthy plugin under XP

Reply #1

I'm using XPPro, Mozilla 1.2a and the plugin without any problem.

During the installation, Mozilla should be defined as "other browser". I have IE6.something, Opera 6 and Mozilla 1.2a; where Opera acts as both itself and Netscape, and the plugin recognizes all.

Hth

Reply #2
If the "gibberish" you see is the actual NWC file, then the site you are testing with is not sending the correct mime type. Mozilla still requires the correct mime type from the web site in order for plug-ins to work. IE, on the other hand, will often rely on the file's extension, and ignore the mime type. This is probably why you are getting it to work on IE and not mozilla. Try testing from our samples section first, to see if your setup is correct.

Reply #3
The NW PlugIn works perfect in Mozilla Firefox 1.7.12 using Windows XP Home.  I would suggest adding "Firefox" to the list of supported browsers.