Skip to main content
Topic: redirection (Read 3197 times) previous topic - next topic

redirection

I have a piece that starts with a chorus and that same chorus is sung after each verse:

chorus, verse 1, chorus, verse 2, chorus, verse 3, chorus

OK, now before anyone writes in and says to set up 3 verses, each of these 3 verses is arranged differently so the song is written serially (one verse after the other). The only common thread is the chorus and rather than copy the chorus in after each verse (thereby saving paper), how do I set up these redirects to work properly? I'm still working at it but in the meantime I'm open for suggestions. Thanks.

Re: redirection

Reply #1
Insert SE1  at the start of verse one and MRC at the end of verse one. Similarly for V2 and V3. You can hide any or all of this and put cosmetic text in to show the flow.

Reply #2
Actually, you should be able to start your chorus with a "Master Repeat Open" bar (after any prelude), followed by a "Special ending 1" symbol on the next bar, followed by verse 1, followed by "Master Repeat Close" bar (which will go back and play chorus), followed by a "Special ending 2" symbol on the next bar, followed by verse 2, followed by "Master Repeat Close" bar (which will go back and play chorus), followed by a "Special ending 3" symbol on the next bar, followed by verse 3, followed by "Master Repeat Close" bar (which will go back and play chorus), followed by a "Special ending 4" symbol on the next bar, followed by at least a rest (or a postlude), followed by the system close.

Reply #3
I forgot to mention that this requires no hidden controls AND when printed, should produce a piece that follows standard notation rules (IE: a musician should be able to follow it correctly).

Reply #4
I've tried the above ideas but none of them work (for me anyway). Any more suggestions?

Reply #5
We could give suggestions if you tell us in what way it doesn't work.

Perhaps you didn't know that special endings must be set on each staff, though they will print only on first staff?