Skip to main content
Topic: midi exports, but no sound (Read 3017 times) previous topic - next topic

midi exports, but no sound

I am trying to export drum stuff to a midi file. I can export it fine and all but when I try to open the file in something other that NWC, it looks like it is playing, but there is no type of sound or anything coming out, and it is not something wrong with my system, and I also made sure that the MIDI Mapper was the only thing selected in the "Devices used for play back" box in the tools menu. Please help. Thx

Re: midi exports, but no sound

Reply #1
Did you close NWC before opening the other program? Some programs have to have uninterrupted access to the midi device right from the word go.

Reply #2
You do not necessarily have to shut down NWC. You can device "Port Usage" options from Tools | Options | MIDI.

Reply #3
Um... You do have the volume control turned up?

Reply #4
Hey, thx it works now. AND OF COURSE I HAD MY VOLUME TURNED UP... what do you think I am... stupid? I'm not sure whether it was the close NWC thing, or the port thing, but I changed both and it works now.... thx

~Jon

Reply #5
Either would have probably done it. And as to the volume control issue... been there, done that. Many times. Gives me an opportunity to exercise my blond side. :)