Skip to main content
Topic: Ghostly notes (Read 2811 times) previous topic - next topic

Ghostly notes

Hello everybody, here's Caesar, the modest...
I have downloaded some NWC, some of them compositions from you people, and believe me I loved some of them. However, I have noticed that there are some tricks I don't know:
1. Some notes and rests appear to be grayish, instead of black, sometimes in the background of a regular score.
2. I have seen too many "mpc" and I have no clue what they are for or how to use them.
3. I have seen, in a single staff, two sets of beamed notes, one pointing upward and the other downward. How on earth do you do this? I've tried and tried, but it never works out.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Ghostly notes

Reply #1
1. These notes/rests/symbols are hidden. Go to properties and select the visibility tag.

2. They are multipoint controllers which send midi commands to the output stream. There are lots of them covering dynamics, tempo, pitch bend and many more. read the help files and look at the examples. Above all, experiment!

3. Layered staffs. You can superimpose two or more staffs on top of each other. You need to enable it in Page setup/Contents (just why you have to is a mystery) and then select Layer with Next Staff in Staff Properties. If you unlayer some of the examples you have seen then all will be revealed (so to speak).

Peter

Reply #2
LC,
Please point yourself to NWC Scriptorium.
This will help you heaps.

A

Reply #3
I assume that the originator of this stream is new to NWC, or maybe just rying it out. The gist of the replies is that there is a difference between what is seen on the computer display, what is printed on paper, and what is played in MIDI. These are all controlled by the user.