Skip to main content
Topic: Sharps, Flats, and Naturals as text in Word (Read 6114 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sharps, Flats, and Naturals as text in Word

Reply #1
G'day David,
it worked for me BUT I had to experiment a little - what you need to do is type in the number - E.G. 266d - then press <Alt-X>
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Alt-X doesn't work in Office 2000, but it does in 2003. Sadly however I can't find a font with characters at 266d, e and f so it's not much use anyway!

Reply #3
Did you know that MS Word allows font embedding? And, did you know that useful symbols (not at those code locations) can be found in some of my music fonts)?

Reply #4
How to allow font embedding in Word?
I can/t find it.

Reply #5
In Word 97, it's at Tools > Options > Save (tab) > Embed True Type fonts.

Reply #6
It works quite good.
Now colleagues see really what I write.
Thanks you.

Reply #7
Don't see what the problem is, after all in Word if you type d and select NWCV15 font you get sharp, e natural and f flat.

Reply #8
Hi llucyy,
not everyone has an NWC font...  :)

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #9
Even if you do have the NWC font, its alignment relative to surroundings may not be the same as with ordinary text, if what you are trying to do is add the accidentals within a stream of (say) Times New Roman. The NWC font is intended for use within NWC.

Reply #10
At least the Insert Symbol-trick works fine. The symbols we're after are at the bottom, a bit to the left.

Reply #11
For those who can't get the numeric code to work, you could just find the appropriate symbols, insert them in a blank word document, and save it.  Then when you need the symbol, open the file and copy it into your document.  Might be easier than trying to remember which font had it.