Skip to main content
Topic: Trill or shake (Read 3877 times) previous topic - next topic

Trill or shake

Does anyone know how to make a trill (shake) i.e when you play the note preceeded by a note higher then the note itself again, and repeat the process fastly.
I don't mind the sound, all i need is a good printout.
Also,does anyone know how to print drum roll...for example a minim roll where you print a normal minim having its stem cut by 3 lines.Again,i don't mind the sound,a good print is what interests me.  Thanks

Re: Trill or shake

Reply #1
Check the various fonts available from the Scriptorium on this site.  I think the ones you want are Bongos, Bongos2 and perhaps NW Ornaments.

You download them from the site - I think they're zip files - extract them to your C:\Windows\Fonts directory.

Then in NWC, under page setup, choose the fonts tab, scroll down to the user fonts, and modify one to be the font you want to see.  To present the shake, you insert text ('x'), and choose the character (usually a through z or A through Z), enter it, then move it up and down, use alt-enter to adjust the placement so it is centre justified,, at next note.

The user fonts are embedded with each file they've been set for.  There are more than 6 fonts, but you can only use 6 user fonts for a particular song file.

You can also modify the fonts for Staff Italic,
Staff Bold, etc. etc., but I don't know if that affects all files or just the one you were in when you made the alteration.  It might not be a good idea to do that.

Reply #2
It is not "higher then."
English is not my first language, and I know it is "than."
And what is this "fastly?"  It is not a word!

Reply #3
Savon, you were taught very good English. We were taught well-you-know-what-I-meant-to-say English. Fastly should be "very fast."

Reply #4
thanks for your help dave....can you please tell me from where exactly to download these fonts??I can't find them on the homepage....thanks again

Reply #5
Font files and other useful stuff is in the "Helpful Files" section.

Reply #6
Fred beat me to it, "where to find..."

Meanwhile, "fastly" should not be "very fast" in that particular sentence, should it?  How about "quickly" or "rapidly" or "easily?"

Reply #7
con brio?

Reply #8
I always thought "con brio" was a dish made with French soft cheese!

Sorry, couldn't resist that!

Robin

Reply #9
I'm not sure if the fonts thread is answering your question.  If you want to actually make a trill sound (say trill a 'C') I first enter the 'C' then enter a 'CB' chord.  Alternate this input and adjust the note duration until it sounds like what you want it to sound like.

Reply #10
Good catch, John. The original question asked about how to enter notation that would make the SOUND of a trill. But we rapidly digressed into (a) the symbol for a trill, and (b) what it is called.