Skip to main content
Topic: Multi-bar rests. (Read 4055 times) previous topic - next topic

Multi-bar rests.

Another question.
I have been recently keying in music for a recorder orchestra, and printing out both a complete conductor's score and scores for individual parts.
Is there a way in the individual parts to input a multi-bar rest with the number of bars written on top rather than that number of complete bars with a rest in each?
I don't particularly want to edit the score as the conductor's score and the overall playback will be messed up.
(could this be one for the wishlist?)

}B->

Re: Multi-bar rests.

Reply #1
My pet whinge - Please add yours to the wishlist!!

Reply #2
We are currently evaluating a substitution scheme that would allow dynamic replacement of multiple rests with a multi-measure rest when printing individual parts. However, NWC does not support multi-measure rests at this time. It is on our wish list as a popular item, so is given due consideration in our development cycle. The most popular wish list items are considered first in our development cycle, but the choice is up to you as to whether you cast your vote.

Reply #3
Currently, you can make a copy of your score. I call mine xxxpts.nwc (for parts). I go into this one and delete all repeated measure rests. It will never play right, but you'll only get one bar out instead of 20 or 30 empty bars. Then after printing, write the correct figure above the bar.
I've used the text function (x & the number or bars), but even if you set the number of bars in parentheses, they're too small for a player to sight-read. Since the font is limited to one for the entire page, it'll never look right unless you notate by hand.
Like the man said, go put in a request on the wish list. We really need this feature.

Reply #4
I wish to add my vote to your wish list for multi-measure rests.