Skip to main content
Topic: HELP PLEASE URGENT (Read 3286 times) previous topic - next topic

HELP PLEASE URGENT

Hi, I am trying to experiment with Box marks and have two questions about it. One is a general question, how do I upload the font, Boxmarks into either User 1-6? And my other question is, I opened the example found in Boxmarks2.zip, and I looked over it, and see all these little letters. How do I find out which letter corresponds to which symbol, and how, on print preview, do I get it to show up? I am confused and request help ASAP. Thank you.

~TrumpetMaster

Re: HELP PLEASE URGENT

Reply #1
1) Make sure the font is installed. See Windows Help for this. Just because you have the file doesn't mean that it is installed.

2) Use Charmap to see what char is mapped to each key or alt+nnn sequence.  If Boxmarks doesn't appear as a font selection, go back to #1.

3) Use &File->Pa&ge Setup->Fonts to assign Boxmarks to one of the user fonts.

Hope this helps
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
G'day TrompeMeister,

If you get Typecase - it is an excellent tool for visualising and selecting characters for use from a font.

However, the easy bit is for the boxed letters themselves... The characters are... Wait for it... A to Z (in upper case).  :)

There is also a PDF in the Boxmark2 ZIP file which has a complete character map that you can print out and use as a reference.

If you no longer have the ZIP file, you can download it again from here on the Scripto

Reply #3
How do I install the font?

Reply #4
To install the Boxmarks font:-

Open the Windows/FONTS folder with Windows Explorer.
Click on the FILE menu then Install New Fonts.

Browse to the location of the Boxmarks font on your hard drive.
Select the folder containing the font which will then show in the Add Font box.
Select the font.
You have the option of copying the font into the Windows/FONTS folder - do that.
Click on OK - you're done.