Skip to main content
Topic: help no notes (Read 3369 times) previous topic - next topic

help no notes

I composed a page of sheet music but no notes printed, and i have a really messed up staff.
I don't know what to do. Can you help?

Re: help no notes

Reply #1
Can you normally print from any other software? NWC uses the normal print driver, no magic, unless it didn't instal correctly, and the font NWC15a is not available to the printer driver (in which case your screen would not look it had music on it).

With the messy staff, what do you mean by messy?
With note entry, NWC works as an infinite left to right scroll. DON'T create new staffs unless it is for the other hand of the piano, or another instrument. NWC takes care of where to "wrap around at the end of the line".
If this is what you have done, simply select and cut each subsequent line's notes, pasting them back onto the first staff.
If this is not what you have done, you'll need to give more details to get more help.

Andrew

Reply #2
Are you using a Matrox video card? It sounds like it could be related to the bug in the drivers for this card (which Matrox still haven't fixed after 6 months or more since Microsoft discovered it).
It is necessary to turn off the "Use PowerGDU acceleration" in the "Settings/Powerdesk" of Display Properties.

Reply #3
I can see the staves on the computer, but when i go to add notes the first one goes on fine but the others disappear. What am i doing wrong.

Reply #4
Bar lines are important. If you have not added any, then you will only see as much of the first measure (which would be the whole score if no bar lines are present) as will fit in the first system. If you have bar lines added, then there must be something else that is wrong, perhaps with your print or display driver.