Skip to main content
Topic: no sound in NWC Viewer (Read 2234 times) previous topic - next topic

no sound in NWC Viewer

A friend, who has installed the NWC Viewer/player on her PC, can not play NWC songs with it. She can open the song and and sees the red notes move while playing. But she does not hear any sound. I checked the 'SW-Synthesizer' in the volume part. It is open, so o.k. and not the problem. What else can cause this problem? How can we solve it? I hope someone can help me!!
Regards,
Marloes

Re: no sound in NWC Viewer

Reply #1
a) Check what device MIDI mapper is pointing at and make sure the device is working properly

b) check the master volume is up and not muted

c) check the SW-Synthesizer is not muted
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
If the included samples do not sound when playing back, then in general, there are only three possible causes:

1) About 99.5% of the time, the problem is caused by volume issues, usually in the Windows Volume Control Panel.

2) About 0.4% of the time, there is a problem with the MIDI setup on the computer. This can be cured by going to the Multimedia section of the Control Panel.

3) In rare cases, there is a sound card driver problem that does not report an error message, but this is very rare. The cure in this case is to ensure proper MIDI driver setup with your equipment.

See also:

FAQ - No sound or volume during play back
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/65.htm

Reply #3
Thank you both very much for this quick reply! I will take a look again at the problem with my friend. And then let you know whether we succeeded in solving it.
Regards,
Marloes