Skip to main content
Topic: automatic counting? (Read 2849 times) previous topic - next topic

automatic counting?

I am very new to all of this and I am sorry if this is such an elementary question.  I am learning this program.  I have input the first line of notes without measures.  If I add measures now, will Noteworthy detect where a rest should be according to the time signature or must I do the counting myself.  I am still unsure as to whether my counting is correct.  I chose 4/4 timing but am having a hard time making them fit correctly.  Maybe the time signature is wrong?  I hope this is clear enough to help me.  So sorry for the bother.  Thank you so much for any help!

Re: automatic counting?

Reply #1
So sorry for the poor reply.

If you have entered note (or rest), go to the menu, and click 'Tools', and run 'Audit Bar Lines'.
the rests will appear when the rhythm doesn't fit.

You can easily(maybe not) insert notes by looking the rests.
NWC User since 2008

Reply #2
Welcome to the forum.
If I add measures now, will Noteworthy detect where a rest should be according to the time signature.
No. Noteworthy does not automatically enter barlines. Noteworthy will allow barlines anywhere and only requires them where there are more notes/rests than can fit in one line on the printed page. In that case, Noteworthy requires a barline at the same time moment in each displayed staff. If not, Print Preview goes somewhat bonkers.

If you have entered note (or rest), go to the menu, and click 'Tools', and run 'Audit Bar Lines'.
the rests will appear when the rhythm doesn't fit.
Not exactly. Audit Bar Lines will add rests to the end of the staff to pad it out to a full measure. More than likely, Audit Bar Lines will split a note into 2 tied notes (or a rest into 2 rests) "when the rhythm doesn't fit."

Noteworthy's behavior of not automatically adding barlines is by design. It can be confusing to new users, but once you get used to it you will probably agree with most seasoned users that it is a blessing.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thank you very much!  Your information was helpful and putting the bar lines in was a success!  I appreciate your quick reply!!