Skip to main content
Topic: How do I Add a Trill over a note? (Read 3466 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I Add a Trill over a note?

I cannot find a trill anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Re: How do I Add a Trill over a note?

Reply #1
The day Noteworthy has a trill function, ill buy myself a ferrari.  Frankly,  u kind of have to write them in urself.  Then just recreate that staff with the written-in trills and "hide it".  Then copy and paste that same staff into a new one and clear those trills.  Then get rid of the written-in trill on this new staff and write in the note with this sign of top tr~~~~~~~~.  Theres fonts in the NWC that have some trill font.  Lastly, after everything looks pretty, mute the pretty staff, and make sure the hidden ugly staff plays.  If u want to see what this looks like check one of my compositions out in the Scriptorium( its in NWC2 format):
http://nwc-scriptorium.org/class4.html#Rosario

Vince R.

Reply #2
Thanks for the Suggestion.  I never thought of just using text to enter the words "tr~~~".  Seems to work.

Incidently, that's one of the things that has pushed me away from NWC and I was hoping the newer versions would have this function added.

Al

Reply #3
you can see how to write in a good trill if your go to the song 'moonlight' in the 'Samples' folder then go to page setup and under the 'contents' tab click on the box that says 'Hidden'. you can see what they did to make a trill at measure 39. Hope it helps.

Reply #4
Since NoteWorthy doesn't seem to have a trill, I'll be even more darned if it has a nachtschlaug - I'm trying to arrange Beethoven's op. 50 Romance, and the first note has a nachtschlaug on it. If anyone can give me a hint, please do.