Skip to main content
Topic: Free Soundfont (Read 2514 times) previous topic - next topic

Free Soundfont

As you well know, some soundfonts (Midi Banks for Soundblaster Live! cards)just dont sound anything like the real instruments. The one which always annoyed me was the steel guitar!!. In general MIDI it sounds like a high pithed piano!!!. This is why I constucted my own realistic version of the Steel Guitar. You can download it free from here www.edinburghclubbing.com/soundfont - let me know if you like it, cheers!

Re: Free Soundfont

Reply #1
Sounds pretty realistic compared to the other guitar soundfonts I've heard... So, do I have to have and SB Live! to use it? I don't know what kinda card I have haha... I'm not really into audio hardware, I just like music.
-Ev

Re: Free Soundfont

Reply #2
Glad you approved of my soundfont - Yes im afraid you require a SBlive! soundcard (EMU10K + or compatible!). On Windows you can find out what type of card you have by going to your start menu>run and by typing C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe - This will bring up your Direct X Diagnostic screen, by selecting the 'sound' tab it will tell you under 'device' your soundcard type. Hope this helped. Cheers.