Skip to main content
Topic: Expression Placement Defaults? (Read 2202 times) previous topic - next topic

Expression Placement Defaults?

Is it possible to have default settings for expression placement? I often want to insert text, dynamics, flow directions, etc. in the same position above the staff each time. Having a default would be great, rather than being forced to change it from whatever the last note or expression was using.

Re: Expression Placement Defaults?

Reply #1
You could try the Smart Properties Insert option from Tools | Options | Editor, but it may not do exactly what you want (it is close though).

Reply #2
I have a similar request (it may even be the same): Every time I start a new file, the dynamics always start below the staff (with smart positioning on). I would prefer the first one to be at 7 or at least where the cursor is for that first dynamic placement.

Reply #3
I frequently face a similar dilemma whilst using text insertion to place chord names over the score; I usually make all my text insertions without bothering too much about where on the stave I place them, then when all are inserted, I highlight the entire stave, then, using ctrl+e, I put in a common value in the expression placement dialogue box. This system is best, of course, if all the text insertions are of the same type, eg. all dynamics, all chord names, etc