Skip to main content
Topic: printed staves(staffs) (Read 2291 times) previous topic - next topic

printed staves(staffs)

How can I increase or decrease the space between staffs on a printed page?

Re: printed staves(staffs)

Reply #1
Click on the staff that you want to change. Then press F2 and go to the "Visual" tab. Change the "Upper" and "Lower" as needed for each staff.

HTH,

Daniel

Re: printed staves(staffs)

Reply #2
I'm just exploring these formating options myself, and here are some other things that you can set:

1) The selected staff is surrounded by a blue rectangle, which shows the area it will occupy on the printed page. (Actually it leaves a bit more). When you go to Staff -> Properties -> Visual and set the upper and lower size, the rectangle changes to indicate the new area.

2) You can change the size of the staff, and everything assocated with it, under File -> PageSetup -> Options -> Staff Size.  After changing any of these settings, click File -> Print Preview to see how it will look on the page.

3) If you have lyrics, their vertical postion can be set under Edit -> Lyrics -> Configuration.  The offset is *not* measured from the staff. It's measured from the bottom of the blue rectangle, positive upward.

4) Under File -> PageSetup -> Options there is a check box for "Increase note spacing for larger note duration." It is checked by default, so that a whole note (for example) appears in a long measure. This is how music is professionaly printed and looks nice. If you need to squeeze more measures on a page, you can try unchecking it.

Hope this helps.