Skip to main content
Topic: How do you place your composition into a windows media format (Read 3038 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you place your composition into a windows media format

Just like to know how can I transfer my composition into a Windows Media Format or other format so I can place it on a audio CD.

Thanks

Re: How do you place your composition into a windows media format

Reply #1
There are many ways to do this and many discussions on this board have addressed this problem.  Regardless, this is how I make an audio CD from a NWC composition:

First, I...

1) ...click "File|Save" and save my composition in NWC format;

then,

2) I click "File|Save As" and in the ensuing dialog box under the "Save as file type:" scroll down selection box, I select save my composition as a "Type 1 MIDI" and save it;

then,

3) I play this newly-created type 1 MIDI file on Windows Media Player and record it at the same time using Windows Sound Recorder; this creates a .wav file which I then save;

then,

4) I use a CD recording program (I use "Record Now", a program that came bundled with my computer.) to create an audio CD from the .wav file that I have just created.

Note that as an intermediate step, one may also use some program such as "Windows Media Player" or "MusicMatch Jukebox" to create MP3 files and then make a CD from these.  By doing this, one can get more music on the audio CD but the trade-off is poorer quality of sound.

A lot of "dancin' around"?  Yes, it is.  However, this is the easiest way that I have found to accomplish this task using the computer/equipment available to me.

Reply #2
I use a small prgram called "Ripvinyl" downloaded from the internet.  You can try it out for free, but there is a quite small fee payable for the fully active program.
This allows you to turn any sounds going through or coming into your PC to be turned into a WAV file.  The WAV file can then be recorded on disc and is palyable on virtually all CD players.
The program gives you the possibility of adjusting sound volume. and other features.

Got to
http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/index.shtmls
for further information.

Tony

Reply #3
I've had great success recording my .nwc files to .wav format (and then to CD) by using the software that came with my SB Live sound card - I believe its called 'Creative Recorder', which works very similar to the above described 'ripvinyl'. If you have a Creative sound card, chances are you already have the necessary software.