Skip to main content
Topic: Extra long bar lines (Read 3106 times) previous topic - next topic

Extra long bar lines

When I print the music, the bar lines on the lower staff extend up above the staff.

Re: Extra long bar lines

Reply #1
Hmm... I don't think it's a program problem. Haven't heard it before.

(1) If the extension is quite noticeable: Are you using more than one staff, or layered staffs (staves)? It could be that the extended bar lines are trying to extend to a hidden staff.

(2) If the extension is just a little bit, about the width of a staff line: That could be due to the printer driver being set at too low DPI (maybe even too high). Also, check for printer driver updates. If you are using metafiles, be aware that not all document programs interpret metafiles equally well.

Reply #2
Sounds as if your lower staff is set to either Orchestral or Lower Grand Staff.  Right-click the staff and select "staff properties."  If you don't want the bar lines extending, set it to "standard."

Reply #3
Thanks, Cyril, that was the problem.  Solutions are so simple when you just know what you're doing.  That lets a lot of us out.  Thank you to everyone who is willing to spend their time helping others.

Reply #4
You are quite welcome.  I probably wouldn't have known what to do if I hadn't made the same mistake, more than once.

Reply #5
If the line we are waiting in is extra long, we just go and find another bar to drink at.