NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Warren Porter on 2021-04-20 01:31 am

Title: Fermatas vs Arpeggios
Post by: Warren Porter on 2021-04-20 01:31 am
In this snippet I have a fermata in the last measure where a chord in the piano is arpeggiated. When played, there are a few extra notes added to the measure.

Is there any way to make this work or workaround?

TIA
Title: Re: Fermatas vs Arpeggios
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2021-04-20 02:19 am
In the properties dialogue of the arpeggio try:
a) Tick the Anticipated playback checkbox
b) adjust the arpeggio rate (I tried 64 in my testing with some success) to taste.
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2021-04-20 10:33 am
In addition to what @Lawrie Pardy says, you should also mute the chords when an Arpeggio object is used, otherwise the arpeggio playback is overlapped by the chord's playback.
Post by: Warren Porter on 2021-04-20 01:01 pm
I wish I understood a lot more about how NWC and useful objects work, but finally decided on no delay in the fermata and getting the same effect by inserting a slower tempo on the last measure.
Thank you for looking at it though. Your tips and tools have been useful to the NWC community many times over and I appreciate your time and efforts.
Post by: Bart on 2021-04-22 07:44 pm
finally decided on no delay in the fermata and getting the same effect by inserting a slower tempo on the last measure.
I think this is indeed the most flexible option, because in my experience, fermata (and breath marks) delays disappear if you export to a midi-file.

Bart
Post by: Flurmy on 2021-04-23 07:52 pm
fermata (and breath marks) delays disappear if you export to a midi-file.
Yes, indeed.