Skip to main content
Topic: copying to Word then printing (Read 3284 times) previous topic - next topic

copying to Word then printing

I have just updated from an old version of Noteworthy, which worked fine, but I have a problem using the latest version.

I need to add music to files in Word and then print out the pages.

From print I copy to the clipboard and paste into Word 2007. The music appears just as I want it in Word, both in the file and in the print preview. However, when I print there are no lines on the stave and the stems are missing from the notes.

If instead of copying to the clipboard I save it as an emf file I cannot open it - the format is not recognised.
When the file was saved in the old wmf format I used to be able to print it out.

Please can anyone help me to copy to Word and print accurately?

Dawn

Re: copying to Word then printing

Reply #1
Have you resized the music in Word?  Sometimes this causes narrow lines to disappear.  Is the version of Word you're printing from on the same computer as Noteworthy?

Reply #2
Thanks for reply

No, I didn't resize the box.
Yes both are on the same computer.

Dawn

Reply #3
Problem solved!

I set up and tried the new printer I have just bought, and the clipboard copied perfectly!
I was still using my very old printer before, so perhaps it couldn't cope with modern programmes

Still don't know about emf files but I'm happy now I can print what I need.

Dawn

Reply #4
It's possible it was an inkjet with some missing dots, which coincided with where lines were needed!

Reply #5
The way NWC draws lines has recently been changed to cope with problems some printer drivers had with the old method. Evidently your old printer had problems with the new method. There's always a dark cloud behind every silver lining....;-)