Skip to main content
Topic: Adjusting note positions in a chord (Read 2865 times) previous topic - next topic

Adjusting note positions in a chord

I am using the S-A-T-B template with layering turned off.  I want to produce a two-note chord consisting of an A below middle C in the tenor staff and a G below middle C in the bass staff.  When I enter these notes and turn layering on, the two notes are superimposed and difficult to read.  I would like to see the A before the G, with the two notes touching.  Is there a way to get this effect, perhaps by adjusting the space before the G?  Thanks for your help.
---George Leeman

Re: Adjusting note positions in a chord

Reply #1
Highlight the G and press <alt><enter> to bring up the note properties box. Put the cursor in the field labeled "Extra Note Spacing." You have the option of adding one, two, or three spaces before the note.

Hope this helps. For future reference, though, please note that questions like this belong in either the "General Discussion" or "[NWC2] General Discussion" sections of the forum. The "Tips and Tricks" area is designed for posting new techniques you have come up with and discussing them with other users.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply #2
Using one extra space worked perfectly.  Sorry I chose the wrong category, and thanks for such instantaneous help.

Reply #3
Sorry I chose the wrong category

No problem, and welcome to the forum.

- Bill