Skip to main content
Topic: Runtime like Acrobat Reader (Read 5025 times) previous topic - next topic

Runtime like Acrobat Reader

I am arranging score for small group. I hope that there is a kind of runtime of NWC software that enable a member download score and make him(she) print his own part in size he want(for example,if he is first violin ,he can select first violin part and print out his part).
Currently,I have to print out all the parts by my printer.
This software does not allow any edition nor notation to original score.
It may be a kind of Acrobat Reader,but with page setup function.
So the software has to have the following function:
To see whole notation
To make page setup
To fill information(Title,composer ,etc)
To print

I hope the software can be downloaded from NWC homepage free of charge like Acrobat Reader or may charge a small money.

Re: Runtime like Acrobat Reader

Reply #1
Dear Junji,

Thanks to NWSoftware, this software already exists, on any Win32 system (Win95, 98, NT, XP...).
You can find it there: Browser Plug-in page

It's free of charge (and small to download: 385Kb), allows you to listen/view the score, and to print it.
Be aware that it prints the score as is, i.e. if you want a one-instrument printing, you should provide a file per score to print.
This is quite easy to do with NWC: in the "general" score, you hide all but the one(s) you want, then File|Save as... option.
If you do this, always keep the "general" score as the "master", I mean don't do changes in the other files.

For MacIntosh users, there is no other solution than to provide them with a PDF or EPS version.
In that case, the Fred's page on this subject is very helpful. Go and see it here!

Hope this helps!

Reply #2
About "page setup":
as Browser plug-in is a bit limited (at the time being?), since you can choose the size of your paper and layout, but with the printer itself, I would recommend to use large enough margins (at least 1.40 cm (which let room enough for the holes need to put them in a "classeur" (filer?)).

This is available for any file anyway (Word documents, or especially PDF or EPS files) if the files are to be used by people all around the world. For example, European usually use A4 size paper (21x29.7cm), North-American use Letter (8.5x11 inches) or Legal (8.5x14"?) sizes, and so on. And as all printers do not have the same printing zone (some need 0.4 cm minimum as a margin, some 1.6 at the bottom,...), you should be sure to make it okay for any.

However, usually there will be no problem, so take this into account only if some people complain, which should not happen :)

Reply #3
Many thanks for help.I tried NWC Browser plug-in.It works good with me. I have registered user and have NVC composer in my computer.

One of our member who has not NWC software tried to use the plug-in. She can see the icon on the web,but icon does not work and cannot see the notation(NWC file).Probably the reason is that she does not have NWC composer software. She decided to buy it.This understanding is correct ?

My hope was that those who do not have NWC composer can see and print NWC file but cannot neither notate nor edit just like Acrobat Reader. Here in Japan,due to English languare(one of freign thing) they are hesitant to buy the software that cannot be used with their own language as they cannot make full use of NWC Composer.But browsing,setting up page and print-out are rather simple work that they may afford.
I hopefully expect that such simple work results in purchase of complete NWV Composer.

Reply #4
The plug-in should work whether or not you have other NoteWorthy software installed on your computer.

Sometimes when new features are added to the software, changes are made to the .nwc file format. When this happens, older versions of the plug-in cannot understand the file. This may be what is happening to your friend. She should make sure she's running the latest version by clicking on the red question mark (?) after starting the plug-in. If it doesn't say "Version 1.75", she should download the latest version from here.

Reply #5
Marsu,

I just noticed your question about the translation of "classeur". If this is the French word for a booklike object with rings to hold loose sheets of paper, the English word is "binder".