Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy 1.51a (Read 3048 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy 1.51a

I see a 1.51a version has arrived, but with no description of what it is supposeed to fix. I tried to download the patch, but it failed (file size CRC error). I am upgrading from 1.51. Is this upgrade worth picking up? And do I have to download the entire program again to get it?

Re: Noteworthy 1.51a

Reply #1
I had the same problem with the error on the 16bit version, however the 32bit upgrade fixes the short note stem problem outside of the stave (the higher the note, the shorter the stem). I didn't have the same problem with the 16bit version on Win 3.1, but if you are using Windows 95, 32bit NWC, yes, it's worth it.
Adam

Reply #2
I just successfully retrieved and applied the 1.51 upgrade patch from two different service providers. It appears to be fine.

Version 1.51a fixes a bug in the stem length when beaming notes with downward stems that appear well above the staff.

Reply #3
As a registered user of noteworthy Composer I though I was supposed to be notiified of upgrades. I have never recieved any upgrade notice nor have several of my friends who are registered users.

Reply #4
First I do not think such a behaviour is described in the install file (maybe, it's long time u know)
Second I do think that really few companies act like you think. One of the bad side-effects of WEb-based information is that you need to get your new drivers yourself, find out if ther is a new version of your softwares, on so on.
On the other hand, each time you connect to a web site, you'll be sure to get the latest version.
Hope you'll enjoy this 1.51a !
P.S. Maybe you'll be warned for version 2.0 ? ;-)
P.P.S. I connect at last once a month on all the sites I need to (gnu, epson, ...) but NWC, 5 a week : the forum is helpful :-)

a Happy Reg'd User