Skip to main content
Topic: auditing bar lines (Read 3769 times) previous topic - next topic

auditing bar lines

The piece I'm notating has an anacrusis/pick up notes in front. I've been to http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/faq2.htm#auditpck and followed the instructions but just couldn't get it right. How do I put in an anacrusis for one instrument and an empty space for the others?

Re: auditing bar lines

Reply #1
Best bet: Place a rest (or rests) in the staffs that don't have the pickup notes. Then, hide the rests (highlight the rests, right-click, Properties, hidden).

If you ever "audit bar lines" then the program may reposition your meausres, without pickup. To avoid this problem, either (1) Don't audit the bar lines, or (2) Insert hidden rests before your pickup notes.

Reply #2
Insert | Bar Line (Decorated) | Style = Double

Use this kind of bar after your pickup note, audit bar lines, then restore a plain bar line.

Reply #3
Does this mean that audit bar lines only works as far as the last double bar line? That is something I wasn't aware of (unless it's in the user manual and I haven't looked). Does this work for other auditing tools as well? Frequently I have wanted to audit (for example) beams, but only in a section of the score. It would be nice (and logical) if these audit tools only worked on the selected section of score, if there was a selection.

Reply #4
No. What this means is that "Audit Bar Lines" will NOT change the position of decorated bar lines. You can take advantage of this to force it not to move a bar line in certain places.

Reply #5
Oh well, let's take a trip to the wish list!