Skip to main content
Topic: Slurs (Read 2541 times) previous topic - next topic

Slurs

In a sample song in NWC, "Mozart", there are slurs several notes apart, yet I can't seem to do that. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, then.. any help?

Re: Slurs

Reply #1
Are you using ties instead of slurs?  Ties will connect two notes of the same pitch, slurs will connect different pitches.

Use a forward slash for a tie and a semicolon for a slur.

Reply #2
No, you don't understand... whenever I slur a note it always auto-slurs the note immediately after. In the sample song, the slurred notes are parted by several others. Look at "Mozart", then try to slur like that, THEN reply! Or whatever.

Reply #3
To slur a group of notes (which might be what you mean by "the slurred noted are parted by several others"), you have to apply the slur feature (select them, then press <semicolon>) to all of the notes except the last one.

At its most basic, to slur a group of just two notes, you select all two of them, unselect the second (i.e. last) one, then type <semicolon> to slur all the remaining notes (just the first note).  Of course, it's simpler not to bother faffing about with the second note.

Reply #4
ohHhHhhh....