Skip to main content
Topic: Audigy 2NX soundfonts distortion (Read 2138 times) previous topic - next topic

Audigy 2NX soundfonts distortion

Hi friends,
Recently I purchased new Audigy 2NX USB soundbox for my laptop and its sound quality is very excellent when media files (MP3) are played and the latency is also very less but i'm very disappointed with its soundfonts.
When i loaded one sf2(1.2MB) files and when i started playing presets by layers there is lot of distortion and i'm getting crackling sound if i use use more than one preset.Now i'm using Windows XP Pro operating system and my laptop is of 1.0 Ghz of having 512 MB RAM memory.Now i'm totally disappointed in playing soundfonts and i'm unable to understand why there is crackling sound during soundfonts playback and previously i used to play general midi (i.e)Microsoft GM wave SW synthesizer sounds and it is sounding good without any distortion,so which is responsible for this distored sound?
I shall be very grateful if someone please help me to get rid of this problem.Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
V.B.CLEOPAS