Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy and VST Plugins (Read 2404 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy and VST Plugins

Does anyone have any experiance of using NWC with Reactor, Pro 5 or any similar (VST) software.
Thanks in advance,
Roberto

Re: Noteworthy and VST Plugins

Reply #1
I'm just sending a reply to my own message, as it's not getting much response.
I use NWC with the Creamware Pulsar II set-up and it works brilliantly, but I'm also having problems running Native Instruments Reaktor and their Hammond Organ plugin. It maybe possible to get that NI stuff going by setting the drivers though. I think if you want to get all the VST plug-ins and the tasty new E-Magic stuff you might have to import midi files or maybe switch over completely.

Re: Noteworthy and VST Plugins

Reply #2
The latest developments in the Noteworthy vs VST plug-in epic.
I'm 95% convinced that you can't get VST plug-ins to work with Noteworthy, but Native-Instrument's stuff definitely. In the Reaktor installation you get a 'generator synthesizer' driver that can be accessed by NWC in options/midi. The only snag is, its out of time! Luckily, in Pulsar, you get a set of ASIO drivers, and when 'soft-wired' the latency comes down to a healthy 15ms.
So, that's me alright then. Except, that Logic are bringing out some tasty plug-ins, (Rhodes piano and DX7 emulators), and do they come with the 'generator synthesizer' type drivers?
If anybody's using a HD recording system without midi like Cool Edit, then maybe Cubase and Logic drivers come as standard as well.
I'll keep everyone, (who's interested), posted of the latest developments.
Roberto