Skip to main content
Topic: Soundfonts and Soundcards (Read 3654 times) previous topic - next topic

Soundfonts and Soundcards

Are there any other soundcards that support sf2 sounfont files?

Before I had to Restore my Computer with the System Restore Pack, I downloaded NWC (Evaluation). Somehow I got to some 'Load Soundfont' dailogue. By what I've read, you need SB Live Soundcard but I don't remember getting the soundcard at all.

The only 'Sound Card' on my Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sounds and Multimedia> is an AC'97 Sound Card

So, are there ANY OTHER SOUNDCARDS including AC'97 that SUPPORT SOUNDFONTS?

I have downloaded a Super Nintendo soundfont and I want to make MIDIs of Super Nintendo games on NWC with that soundfont.

Re: Soundfonts and Soundcards

Reply #1

You'll get best answers to soundfont related questions at the Soundfonts Newsgroup.

Hth

Reply #2
But my 'Outlook Express' doesn't work and I haven't even got a xxx@xxx.com address anyway.

I would prefer if someone would answer me on the forum rather than telling me that this should be posted there and that should be posted here and all that.

Reply #3

I'd like to help really but I don't know the answer. All I know is a certain model of an Intel mobo with on-board sound supports soundfonts indirectly, ie converting to its native format on-the-fly.

If you do have Outlook Express and don't know how to access the newsgroup, I can walk you through. Just e-mail me (addy on the bio page - click my name). I can do the same with Mozilla, too. ;)

Reply #4

Oops! Sorry, I see that you don't have email. OK, let's try this. :)

Reply #5
That's very kind of you, Ertugrul. Nice resource!