Skip to main content
Topic: Cant open file!! Help! (Read 3690 times) previous topic - next topic

Cant open file!! Help!

I saved an existing nwc file into a midi file, and now I cannot open it. The computer says,
"The file failed to open. It either does not exist or may be corrupted."

How do I remedy this??? Please respond ASAP!

Re: Cant open file!! Help!

Reply #1
Be sure that the file actually does exist at the location you're trying to load it from. If you moved the file (or deleted it), it will still show up in your "History" (Documents) list.

Did you check the trashcan?

Still can't find it? Use the Windows search facility, Start --> Find --> Files and Folders --> Look In "My Computer".

Reply #2
This means exactly what it says. How are you trying to open the file? Are you using File | Open or the File | History? You can send me the file, and I will look at it.

Reply #3
I tried to open the file both through the open command as well as with the history. Neither task was successful. I will send over the file shortly. THanks!

Reply #4
If you tried opening the file directly and it failed, then it is probably corrupted as it says. This sometimes happens to computer files. You should look for the .bak version of the file, if you have kept it around. You might need it. Also, if you aren't making backups of your data files, such as NWC files, you should definately start doing so.

I'll post my results with your file as soon as I receive it from you. Send it to the e-mail address in this post.

Reply #5
Go to wherever the file was originally, find the *.bak, and rename it, changing the extension to .nwc. It should open again in Noteworthy for you.

Reply #6
You can get this message if you try to load a file created by version 1.7 into a version 1.52 copy of NWC. Was this a file you created? (If not, download the latest release. You _won't_ regret it. This is not Microsoft, where a release is a bug redistribution.)

Reply #7
I assume the problem is solved, as no file was ever sent.

Reply #8
each time i send a file to some one they cant open but when i send one ot myself i can open it i have a hp pavilion mx70 compute i did no have this problem with my old computer

Reply #9
Check your mail software and/or MIME options for attached file...
Did you change from Netscape Messenger to Outl00k express, for example?