Skip to main content
Topic: Note Spacing to wide on some (Read 2787 times) previous topic - next topic

Note Spacing to wide on some

I am trying to help a guy to input his nusic. But when I do the notes I have to much spacing between some of the notes it spaces out the lyrics and notes and I need to shorten up the spacing to get the music and lyrics on one line.

also when I try to go to the next line it connects the two staffs how do i seperate the two staffs

Gary

Re: Note Spacing to wide on some

Reply #1
(1) The best way to squeeze the note spacing is to reduce the font size for the lyrics. It that makes the lyrics too small, try using a "condensed" font for lyrics, it you have one. If that still does not help, you can try doing without real lyrics - instead, attach syllables as "text" to notes, one at a time. Using text is tedious, but with a careful choice of alignment, the note spacing will not stretch much.

(2) Not sure what you mean. Are you new to NWC? If so, you should know that when you create music, the notation editor works in a continuous line from left to right, like a railroad track. The music is broken into separate systems when the page is printed (or, in print preview).

If you are writing some music, then continue on another staff below the first, you are actually creating TWO of them. That is why they would be joined.

Re: Note Spacing to wide on some

Reply #2
...too wide...