Skip to main content
Topic: How do I put two songs on one Page ? (Read 3970 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I put two songs on one Page ?

Does anybody have a solution? I have a lot of short melodys.
There is space for two in one page but how?

Re: How do I put two songs on one Page ?

Reply #1
Set the bottom margin at about five inches for the top song, and the top margin at about five inches for the bottom song, put the paper through the printer twice.

Reply #2
Copy from 'Print Preview' and paste into Word.

Reply #3
Add the second piece to the end of the first piece - Copy & Paste everything including Clefs, Time & Key sigs.

Then, using the top stave, Select (ie click and drag over) the initial bar line of the second piece, press Ctrl-e to edit it, and check the box to "force system break". Click "OK"

e voila, printing on one page without having to put the paper in again.  I print a lot of one-liners, barbershop "tags", and I can get four or five on a page using this method.

Reply #4
Am I doing something wrong?  I do that and the bar stretches out to be full width.  It's two measures, and the other two staffs on the page are 5 measures.

Reply #5
G'day Norm,
just to make sure you're doing what I think...

As suggested in Mike Kimbers post, you have, say, 2 songs on the one staff.  The barline that divides the 2 songs you have highlighted and set the "force system break" attribute on it.

As a result, the 1st song which is 12 bars long, has 5 bars on the 1st printed staff, 5 bars on the 2nd staff and 2 bars on the 3rd.

Your 2nd song starts on the 4th staff.

Am I OK so far?  If so, then the product seems to be behaving as designed.  The only problem is that the "staff size" and contents of the bars of the 1st song allows 5 bars per staff and you would like to make it 4 so that the printout looks better.

OK, that's easy.  On the barline at the end of the 4th and 8th bars simply set the "force system break" attribute, all same as the barline that divides the 2 songs.  This will force NWC to limit the 1st 2 staves to 4 bars each and you will then have 3 staves each with 4 bars for your 1st song.

Hopefully thats cleared it up a bit. [as mud probably :) ]

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Oops, forgot to mention.  The nature of the "force system break" attribute will cause the system to stretch full width.

If you want it to stop part way across you need to use the"multiple print method" described above.

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.