Skip to main content
Topic: Printing multiple songs per page  (Read 2441 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing multiple songs per page

Is it possible to print more than one song per page? I’ve got some short rounds to print.

Re: Printing multiple songs per page

Reply #1
SEBC,

I don't think this is possible "out of the box".

But NWC is flexible enough to fake it yourself if you have the different songs in one file:
  • with text objects you can create titles and information about the authors and the copyright
  • with boundary changes you can get a large vertical spacing after the last line of a song
  • with forced system breaks you control the horizontal spacing
  • and of course there are a bunch of user objects that may be useful for special wishes

With another work around, you don't need to put the songs in the same file.
Just "print preview" your songs, and use the snipping tool to get fragments that you can paste into a word processor (like Wordpad) or a desktop publishing program.

Bart

Reply #2
I think I will try the second option first.
Thanks for your help.

Reply #3
If you can combine multiple print jobs to the same PDF, this is not terrible difficult.

For 2 songs per page, set your PDF printer to use a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch page.
Print each song. Combine the 2 files into one PDF file. Using Adobe Reader, print the file.
Use the Multiple button and set Pages per sheet: to 2
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Does anyone know how to use PDF Creator to do this? Under paper size are a ton of options but not inches.

Reply #5
Under paper size are a ton of options but not inches.
Postscript Custom Page Size is the option I used. If you are using A4 paper, A5 should work.
PDF Creator may also be able to join the pages in which case Adobe Reader would not be needed.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
Thanks, Rick. I didn't know about that option before.