Skip to main content
Topic: VerseNumbers.ms (version 1.0) (Read 5316 times) previous topic - next topic

VerseNumbers.ms (version 1.0)

This object will add verse numbers to lyrics on a staff. The numbers will be drawn using the current "StaffLyric" font, to match the size and style of the lyrics.

The following parameters control the sequence and placement of the numbers:

Start Verse Number: The starting point for numbering the verses. Default is 1.
Starting Verse: The number of the first lyric line to receive a number. Default is 1.
Maximum Verses: The number of the last lyric line to receive a number. Default is 'All'.
Separator Position: Inserts a short horizontal separator line between the verse numbers every 'n' lyric lines. Default is 'Off', which disables this function.
Special Text: Allows a user specified series of verse labels to be used instead of ascending numbers. It is either a series of values separated by spaces, or an empty string to disable this feature. Default is an empty string.
Punctuation: Text to append to each verse number. Default is ". " (a period followed by a single space)

Each verse number will be positioned right-justified before the first lyric-bearing note or rest that follows the object. The verse numbers are vertically aligned based on the widest syllable.

Known issue: When a syllable is hyphenated at the end of a line, NWC normally draws a "courtesy" hyphen at the beginning of the next system, and this may be obscured by the verse numbers. This courtesy hyphen can be suppressed by inserting a line break in the lyric editor for that syllable, after the hyphen.

Attached is a copy of the NWC sample song "God Save the Queen" with verse numbers added via this object.

Re: VerseNumbers.ms (version 0.9)

Reply #1
The VerseNumbers.ms user plugin has been updated, with the following changes:

• Help text is added
  • Minor rendering adjustments

Please refer to the parent post for a description of the available parameters and a sample clip.

As always, feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mike

Re: VerseNumbers.ms (version 1.0)

Reply #2
Hi Mike
I'm trying to use this plug in to create a label at the beginning of verses. Is there a way to make it show up only on the first line? I don't want it on the subsequent lines of the song (I do want different labels on the beginning of each verse). Is there a different solution for what I seek?

Thanks for your help!

Reply #3
Change the Class from "StaffSig" to "Standard".

Reply #4
Thanks!