Skip to main content
Topic: Multiple Rests (Please Help! I'm such a beginner) (Read 1941 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Rests (Please Help! I'm such a beginner)

Hi!  I know this question has been posed many times on here, but I haven't been able to figure this out (or find any recent posts about it).  If it's not too much trouble, could someone please give me a really straightforward, step by step list of instructions on how to do multi measure rests?

<Image Link>

I've read a bunch of older threads on this topic, but there is still a gap somewhere in my understanding!  I don't know anything about boxmark fonts, for isntance and, although I found a few different plugins that seemed promising, I don't know how to install them/utilize them and can't seem to find any full instructions!

Thank you so much for your time!

Rebecca

Re: Multiple Rests (Please Help! I'm such a beginner)

Reply #1
The good news is that you don't need special fonts or tools anymore to do multi-measure rests. The recent versions of NWC now support them natively. Just go to Insert > Multi-measure Rest, or press [. Then, enter the number of measures you want it to span. However, note that if you want it to appear as in your example image, you should set the Visibility to Always.
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|RestMultiBar|NumBars:15|PrintOnce:N|WhenHidden:ShowBars,ShowRests|Visibility:Always
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Reply #2
There is a tool to create multi measure rests or back them out.  First visit Nwc Page and note the instructions for installing tools on the upper right side.  Then click on Multi Measure Rests.   On the file option of your browser, choose Save As with the name mmr.js and remember where you parked it.  In installing, the line will start with wscript, the location of the script (after choosing browse) and the prompts, copy and paste from near the top of the script.

Mike's method also works, this just automates the process and counts the measures for you.
Since 1998

Reply #3
Thanks so much!  :D  This is great news!