Skip to main content
Topic: Sending arbitrary MIDI controllers? (Read 1743 times) previous topic - next topic

Sending arbitrary MIDI controllers?

Hi -

I wat to go a little bit more into better sound rendering. So I have a purchased Soundiron's Olympus Choir Micro - and there, one can "do some things" with MIDI controllers 71 to 81 (e.g. "blend" with CC 71 or "offset" with CC 78 & 79).

The question is, of course, how can send such commands from NWC?

• As I see it, the multi-point controller does only support a predefined list of controllers (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 95, according to the documentation)
  • So the only way to send a CC 71 etc. seems to be via an object that calls nwcplay.midi(#offsetSPP,'Command',#midiData1,[#midiData2]). The documentation does not indiciate that there are any limits to the sent data, so by using 'controller' as Command, 71 as #midiData1 and some value which the "choir instrument" understands as #midiData2, I should be able to do what I want, shouldn't I?

Is this correct - and if yes, is there already some sort of "generic MIDI controller object" which would support such scenarios?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

H.M.

Re: Sending arbitrary MIDI controllers?

Reply #2
Thanks a lot! - I searched for "controller" - not much to find - and "CC" - hopelessly overloaded by that - and some other keywords but did not immediately stumble over something useful. I'll take a look!

H.M.