Skip to main content
Topic: verse numbering (Read 2425 times) previous topic - next topic

verse numbering

Is there a way to set the verse numbering to where it only prints at the beginning of the verse and not at the beginning of each printed staff on the page?  Another words, like it appears in hymn books.

Re: verse numbering

Reply #1
If you are talking about the VerseNumbers.ms object, just go to the properties for the user object and change the Class from StaffSig to Standard. Then it will only display once. (Note that this is mentioned in the help information for the object)

Reply #2
Hello,
  personally what I do is adding the number in the lyrics.
  This said, I was using that trick 12 years ago, I just came back to NWC and maybe it does it by itself now.
But this trick works, anyway :)

I just made a quick example, you may check the following file and see its preview (Alt,F,V after loading the file) numbering lyrics example

HTH!
M.
[Edit]: After posting the other message here, I went back to my example and added a new staff to do the same with the object. The file linked is updated so you can compare both approaches.

Reply #3
(...)VerseNumbers.ms object, (...)
Objects, in NWC? I'm gonna check that, it's new to me.
Ctrl+J makes appear the proper window in which we find VerseNumber.ms in order to read the code (I'll write some soon I guess) but it's not there that we must go now.
the "J" key will open the "Add object" window. Select the last one (VerseNumber.ms).
It's there that you can do what Mike talks about. The "Class" dropdown, in the User tab.
Note that you can also fiddle with its visibility according to the staff it belongs to, in the "visibility" tab.

HTH!
Marsu, happy to discover a whole new part of NWC to learn, use and create :)