Skip to main content
Topic: NWC Viewer Soundfont Crash (Read 3010 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Windows Media Player:...

NWC Viewer Soundfont Crash

I have observed the following issue with the NWC 2 Viewer 2.75.a.2. Upon further testing, it seems to do this both for regular NWC scores and for MIDI files. I can reproduce the issue at will, when you do the following steps in the specified order. This assumes that soundfont FluidR3_GM has been previously loaded (because I can't find a way to "unload" a soundfont).

• Run NWC 2 Viewer
  • Go to Tools > Options... and select Play back device of Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
  • Open a typical score (I used the sample "Anchors Aweigh")
  • Click the Play button, and confirm that it plays with the GS Wavetable synth (and sounds cheesy)
  • Go to Tools > Options... and select Play back device of <Internal: FluidR3_GM.sf2pack>
  • Click the Play button, and confirm that it plays with the soundfont (and sounds much nicer)
  • Go to Tools > Soundfont... and rechoose the FluidR3.GM.sf2pack sound font file.
  • Click the Play button. There can be one of two outcomes: you will either get no playback, with the music scrolling by, or the program will stop working.

I am running Windows 10 Version 1703, 64-bit

Re: NWC Viewer Soundfont Crash

Reply #1
Is anyone else able to reproduce this, or is it something peculiar to my system?

Reply #2
I dont have the FluidR3.GM.sf2pack around (should it have been installed with the Viewer? where?).
But with the (my) regular FluidR3 GM.sf2, it has now worked beautifully and without problems 3 times ...
I am running a 64bit Win10 Enterprise 1703.

H.M.

Reply #3
I have not yet been able to reproduce this. I have been able to reproduce this on another machine (Windows 10 x86). Looking into it...