Skip to main content
Topic: How to get NWC to see the Soundfont loaded in Sforzando SF player? (Read 2290 times) previous topic - next topic

How to get NWC to see the Soundfont loaded in Sforzando SF player?

I have USB Focusrite Scarlett 24/24 sound card/box and a lot of songs I wrote on NWC years ago.  Recently I unearthed them but I haven't had a Creative sound card for years.  I have the sf2 soundfonts I created for this music but all NWC sees is that horrible Microsoft Wavetable synth and my Focusrite sound card.  I downloaded the SF2 player, Sforzando but either I'm trying to do something that cannot be done or I'm missing something.  It would be a shame if all NWC could give me were arcade sounds.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Re: How to get NWC to see the Soundfont loaded in Sforzando SF player?

Reply #1
I think you need a "virtual MIDI cable" to connect the output of NWC to the input of the player.
I use "loopMIDI" (http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html) for this.
I connect NWC to Reaper, where I use the sfz player to listen to my music, and am very happy with it!

H.M.

Reply #2
If you download and install Virtual Midi Synth from Coolsoft ( http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth ), - free !!!!  you can then configure Virtual midi synth with a number of sf2 soundfonts.
These can be set up so that the first soundfont will be used if the soundfont has the patch. It will then try the next one and so on.

You can therefore configure it with a good piano, a good flute, a good violin and then a general sound font for other instruments.

Having done that you will find that in NoteWorthy, where you currently select Microsoft wavefont, there will be a new entry of
VirtualMIDISynth #1. Select this and then Noteworthy will use the soundfonts you have configured in Virtual Midi Synth.

Hope this helps, I think it is easier to use than using a midiloop cable

Rich.

Reply #3
Mr Richard Woodroffe... Sir...  Your reply was more than just helpful.  Within 10 minutes I had installed "Virtual Midi Synth" along with my soundfonts and was listening to my music as it was composed.  In fact, this really should be stickied by Noteworthy Composer to defend itself and all new customers from that horrific throwback to the days of the Commodore 64 and the first computer game, "pong" that is that screeching, popping insult to the music world that is the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth".