Skip to main content
Topic: Hide graphic crescendo/diminuendo (Read 2259 times) previous topic - next topic

Hide graphic crescendo/diminuendo

In my music for a choir the staves of soprano and alto are combined, also the tenor and bass are combined.
When the choir must sing crescendo I want to view its sign above the soprano staff and under the bass staff. For the other staffs the sign should be hidden. How can I hide that sign?

Regards,
Guido van Harten

Re: Hide graphic crescendo/diminuendo

Reply #1
You might try this:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|DynamicVariance|Style:Rinforzando|Pos:20000|Visibility:Never
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Rick's example is good, but may not be obvious.

The crescendo and decrescendo signs (a.k.a. "hairpins") are positioned by the preceding dynamic mark (f, p), etc. or text dynamic marking instruction (cresc. dim.) etc. , no matter how far it is from the hairpin.

The easiest way to change the height (vertical position) of the hairpin is to add a dynamic mark at the height you need the hairpin.  As you move the dynamic mark up or down, the hairpin will move too.  If you don't want the dynamic mark to show, just highlight it and make its visibility "never."

Reply #3
Umm, given Guido asked about HIDING the hairpin, why not simply suggest he use a dynamic variance instead (like Rick did, but Rick used a rfz instead of cresc./decresc.) and hide it (visibility:never).

Rick also moved it off the page (Pos=20000), I assume because he dislikes clutter in the editor, but I wouldn't because I like to see what's going on without having to go hunting for things.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Hi Laurie

I read Guido's question as being both about hiding the hairpins and writing them above or below staves..  I dealt with the latter, and your answer is perfect for the former.

d